Angel-Locsin.netWelcome to a our new domain www.angel-locsin.net. A tribute website to Angel Locsin - A sex symbol, a popular actress and a well-known television personality, Angel Locsin has virtually conquered the Philippine’ entertainment scene.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
1. It is confirmed that ABS-CBN will do a remake 2 of Thalia's mexicanovelas. Maria Mercedes and Maria La Del Barrio.
Yes! Maria La Del Barrio! This is Thalia's TV Drama on RPN-9 after the success of Marimar. The question is who will be Maria Mercedes and Maria La Del Barrio? Rumors said that Angel Locsin will do Maria Mercedes opposite Piolo Pascual. Wowowee co-host Valerie Concepcion is also being considered on both roles. If Valerie would be chosen for the role it will be a big break for her and personally I would like her to do Maria Mercedes rather than Angel. Angel deserves a higher level kind of role. A role she never did before and something original just like Lobo.
2. More dramas will be seen on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida. Pieta starring Ryan Agoncillo and Humingi Ako Sa Langit starring Judy Ann Santos will be starters. Dramas like Moon River, The Wedding and Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal will make people cry on Primetime.
3. This coming October, the No.1 Primetime weekday show on the Philippines will return this time on weekends. The Singing Bee will be back for its second season this time every Saturday and Sundays and will compete head on with GMA's singing contests like All Star K every Sundays and Celebrity Duets every Sundays.
A gag show will premiere on ABS-CBN called Banana Split starring Wowowee's RR Enriquez and Valerie Concepcion. Other girls like Cristine Reyes, Angelica Panganiban and Princess Ryan will also host the show. Contrary to rumors it will not replace either That's My Doc or Goin Bulilit. It will be placed on the late night time slot every saturdays and will compete head on with Nuts Entertainment.
4. If Fremantle is putting in shows on GMA, Endemol is not stopping on having shows on ABS-CBN. There will be a 3rd season of Pinoy Big Brother, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition, Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition and Pinoy Dream Academy in 2009 and 2010. Pinoys still patronize and watch PBB and PDA series that is why ABS-CBN and Endemol decided to have a 3rd season of these shows.
Kaya mga Kuyanatics and PDA fans dyan tuloy na tuloy ang saya natin until 2010!
5. Asianovelas will still be a big hit until 2009. Hot Shot will be coming soon to ABS-CBN. Currently the asianovela is still airing on Taiwan and it is scheduled to air on ABS-CBN next year.
Another breaking news: After the visit of Taiwanese superstars Wu Chun and Calvin Chen of the boy band Fahrenheit, another Fahrenheit member Jiro Wang wishes to visit the Philippines. The answer to "When is he coming here?" is I don't know. Stay tuned and I will post updates immediately if ever he will visit the country.
6. After Varga, Komiks Presents will have another superhero called Tiny Tony starrring John Pratts. After Tiny Tony there will be another superhero called Dragona but there is no cast yet.
7. Horror will also be present in Primetime Bida. The Susan Roces Cinema Collection Presents: Florinda will premiere roughly in November (but that is not sure). This is starring Maricel Soriano.
8. Kimerald fans will be mad at me if I don't mention this. Your Song Presents: My Only Hope will premiere on October 5. This is starring tha cast of My Girl namely Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Enchong Dee, Nina Jose, Alex Gonzaga, Regine Angeles, and David Chua.
I will post more updates on the coming days.
TEAM KAPAMILYA TAYO!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Date of Birth: April 23, 1985
Birth Location: Bulacan, Philippines
Why Is She Famous?
Angel Locsin has forged an impressive career since making her professional debut less than a decade ago. A sex symbol, a popular actress and a well-known television personality, Angel Locsin has virtually conquered the Philippines’ entertainment scene.
Although somewhat innocent, Angel Locsin also has this mischievous, playful look in her eyes when she smiles at you. And we can't help but wonder... what is this naughty but nice girl-next-door thinking?
Locsin is a native of Bulacan where she spent her elementary education. Angel finished her High School in University of Santo Tomas, Manila. In August 2007, she attended a short-course for fashion design in London, United Kingdom.
Locsin's career was discovered by a talent scout while she cuts classes with a friend. She was shopping at SM City North EDSA in Quezon City. She then auditioned for several commercials. She was supposed to be a part of the Batch 9 under ABS-CBN's Star Circle Batch (now Star Magic), but she failed to sign a contract because her father, Angelo Colmenares, didn't agree. After a year, she became a contract star of GMA Artist Center.
Locsin first appeared on Click, a 1999 teen-oriented program under GMA Network. Locsin also included in the cast of Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw Pa Rin which was starred by Christopher De Leon, Richard Gomez and Alice Dixson on the lead roles. In 2004, she also starred in All Together Now.
- Main article: Mulawin
Locsin star to fame when she appeared in the fantasy series Mulawin which was about two races of winged humanoids, the Mulawin must fight the Ravena to protect the mortals from its wrath. It also tells the story of Aguiluz and Alwina, whose love for each other hinders to fulfill their mission. It premiered on August 2, 2004 and ended on March 18, 2004. Mulawin solidified the number 1 place for GMA Network with a peak of nearly 50%. It had featured a film entitled Mulawin: The Movie which was included in the 2005's Metro Manila Film Festival entries.
- Main article: Darna (TV Series)
Locsin got her stardom when she portrayed Darna in GMA Network's telefantasya, Mar's Ravelos Darna which aired in 2005. She was paired to Dennis Trillo. Since then, she received several TV commercials and endorsements, film projects, lead role projects thus getting huge popularity in the Philippines. Locsin has been considered as the Queen of GMA Network after reigning this successful fantaserye.
- Main article: Majika
In March 20, 2006, Locsin starred in GMA Network's Majika with Dennis Trillo as her leading man. She played the role Sabina, the elder daughter of Ayesa and Garam which were played by Carmina Villaroel and Zoren Legaspi. It was officially ended on September 29, 2006.
- Main article: Asian Treasures
In 2007, Locsin gave her extra-ordinary action performance when she starred in Asian Treasures with Philippine's Action Star, Robin Padilla. It was the first Philippine series that was shot in multiple countries such as Mongolia, Thailand and China. Its pilot episode aired on January 15, 2007. The series gained much popularity even before the pilot episode, This was because of the popularity of its two leads especially Locsin. It was the most expensive TV series ever produced in the Philippine television costing more than 140 million pesos, roughly 3.1 million dollars.The ending was shot in Luneta Park, Manila.
Move to ABS-CBN
On August 11, 2007 Locsin finally signed a 2-year exclusive contract in ABS-CBN after she left the GMA Network. Angel was warmly welcomed by ABS-CBN executives including Eugenio Lopez III, Malou Santos and Ms.Charo Santos. Angel said that she is really excited to work with Anne Curtis and Judy Ann Santos.
- Main article: Lobo (TV series)
In January 28, 2008, Locsin launched her first teleserye in ABS-CBN entitled Lobo where she was paired to Piolo Pascual. The teleserye was also the most expensive teleserye made by ABS-CBN and it ended last July 11, 2008.
Locsin will star the Remake of Mexican telenovela's Maria Mercedes which had been popular in the Philippines and in some countries all over the world. She will be playing the lead role as Maria Mercedes and this will be her biggest break on Television. It will be directed by Cathy Garcia Molina and Locsin will be paired to the Box Office King, John Lloyd Cruz. It is expected to be shoot on third quarter of 2008 and to be air on January, 2009 under ABS-CBN and Star Cinema Productions.